Go to OBD Information Page
DRIVE MODE 1
ECU Adaptive Memory Produce Drive Mode
- Start the engine and warm it up completely
- Verify that the following conditions are correct if necessary:
- All accessory loads (A/C, headlights, climate control fan, rear window defroster) are off.
- Initial ignition timing and idle speed are within specification.
- TEN and GND at the Diagnostics connector are not connected
- With the transmission in Park, perform no load racing for at least 15 seconds at the following engine speeds sequentially, then return the engine to idle speed :
- 1500 rpm (at least 15 seconds)
- 2400 rpm (at least 15 seconds)
- 3400 rpm (at least 15 seconds)
- 4300 rpm (at least 15 seconds)
- Ensure that the main cooling fan has stopped. Allow the engine to idle for at least 20 seconds with the cooling fan off. If possible, monitor the engine speed and cooling fan status using an OBD-II interface.
[OBD-II DRIVE MODE 1 - From 2002 Mazda Millenia factory service manual]