Go to OBD Information Page
DRIVE MODE 3
Oxygen sensor heater circuit, oxygen sensor circuit, and catalyst repair verification Drive Mode
- Perform DRIVE MODE 1 first.
- Verify that the following conditions are correct if necessary:
- All accessory loads (A/C, headlights, climate control fan, rear window defroster) are off.
- Start the engine and allow it to idle for at least 5 minutes. Drive the vehicle above 40 mph (65 km/h) for at least 1 minute followed by at least 3 minutes between 40-60 mph (65-96 km/h).
- Stop the vehicle and use an OBD-II interface to check for Drive Mode completion. If not complete, turn ignition key to OFF, then return to Step 3.
- Use an OBD-II interface to access DIAGNOSTIC MONITORING TEST RESULTS. If "MEASs" are not within specification, repair has not been completed
- Verify no DTCs are present.
[OBD-II DRIVE MODE1 - From 2002 Mazda Millenia factory service manual]