Go to OBD Information Page
DRIVE MODE 4
Evaporative Emissions System Repair Verification Drive Mode
- Verify that the following conditions are met. All conditions must be within specifications before engine is started to initiate the EVAP system test.
- Engine coolant temperature is below 22 degrees C (72 degrees F) under low (540 kPa) barometric pressure conditions or below 32 degrees C (90 degrees F) under high (638 kPa) barometric pressure conditions.
- Intake air temperature is 10-60 degrees C (50-140 degrees F)
- Barometric pressure is at least 72 kPa
- Fuel tank level is between 0.5-2.5V
- Verify that all accessory loads (A/C, headlights, climate control fan, rear window defroster) are off.
- Start the engine and race it with the gear selector in park at 3,500 rpm to warm it up completely (approximately 200 seconds) then return the engine to idle speed.
- Accelerate slowly (taking 20 seconds) until a constant speed of between 40-60 mph (65-96km/h) has been reached. Maintain speed for 2 minutes.
- Stop the vehicle and use an OBD-II interface to check for Drive Mode completion. If not complete, turn ignition key to OFF, then return to Step 1.
- Use an OBD-II interface to access DIAGNOSTIC MONITORING TEST RESULTS. If "MEASs" are not within specification, repair has not been completed.
- Verify no DTCs are present.
[OBD-II DRIVE MODE 1 - From 2002 Mazda Millenia factory service manual]